Choosing the right credit card that suits your need and provides you the best offers has always been difficult! There are many banks in India which provides a variety of cards. They are categorized on the basis of the benefits they offer like shopping, travel, dining,etc. There is no such card that fulfills all our requirements.
Here, we have analysed the cards of almost every bank and prepared a list of 10 best cards in India based on your interests.
1.STANDARD CHARTERED PLATINUM REWARD CREDIT CARD
This card is on the top of this list as it is preffered by most of the people in India. It is best suited for salaried people and also for those who have applied for credit card for the first time. It provides the best offers possible at zero annual and joining fees. Users can upgrade to Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card later whenever they want.
- Perfect for salaried people.
- Receive an additional 1000 rewards points for transaction within 60 days.
- Earn 500 bonus points on registering for online banking.
- Enjoy 20% cashback on Uber rides.
- 5x reward points on spending Rs. 150 on dining and fuel.
- 1x reward points on spending Rs.150 on any other category.
- A number of discounts and offers across shopping, dining, travel and more.
2.INDIAN OIL CITI PLATINUM CARD
This card is offered by CITIBANK in collaboration with Indian Oil. It is best for regular vehicle users who refill their car twice a month. You have a lot of benefits by earning turbo points if you get your car refilled at Indian Oil Outlets in India.
- Annual fee of Rs.1000.
- Get annual fee waiver on spending Rs.30,000 p.a.
- Earn 4 Turbo Points for every Rs. 150 spent on Indian Oil Pumps.
- Earn 4 points on partner stores as well.
- Get 2 Turbo points on spending in Supermarkets and grocery stores.
- Avail 1 Turbo points for every Rs.150 on all other purchases.
- Full fuel surcharge waiver.
- Redeem your turbo points for free fuel at Indian Oil outlets and for gift vouchers at major brands.(1 Turbo Point = 1 Rs).
- Enjoy personal concierge serviceson shopping, dining, etc.
3.YATRA SBI CREDIT CARD
SBI has collaborated with YATRA to offer us YATRA SBI Credit Card. This is the best travel card used in India and is also good for utility bill payments. Apart from travel benefits, cardholders get multiple benefits at various other stores. This might be the ideal choice for frequent travellers or those who are personally on vacations.
- Annual fee of Rs.499.
- Welcome gift vouchers worth Rs.8,250 from Yatra.
- Get Rs.100 cashback on using the card within 30 days of issue.
- Avail annual fee waiver on spending min Rs.90000 p.a.
- Avail 6x Reward Points on purchase at grocery stores and departmental stores.
- Avail 6x bonus points on the base fare and rates on bookings using Yatra.
- Avail 1 point on every Rs.100 spent on other retail stores.
- Avail discount voucher of Rs.500 on every Rs.30,000 spent on bookings made on Yatra.
- Internationally acceptable worldwide.
- Enjoy access to airport lounges in India.
- 2.5% waiver of fuel surcharge on transaction between Rs.500 and Rs.3000 (upto Rs.100).
- Pay your utility bills on time by using the “Easy Bill Pay” facility.
4.ICICI INSTANT PLATINUM CREDIT CARD
This is the most popular credit card for first time users. If you worry for your CIBIL score just because you want to apply for a credit card, you must try ICICI Instant Platinum Credit Card.It is good for students,housewives and non-salary people as ICICI bank offers you instant credit card against fixed deopsit if you have a saving account with ICICI bank. Be aware that approval rate isn’t good if you don’t have fixed deposit with the bank.
- Zero annual fee.
- Earn 2 payback points on every Rs.100 spent for retail purchases.
- 15% saving on dining bills at participating restaurants all over India.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on fuel transaction of maximum Rs.4000 at HPCL petrol stations.
- An embedded microchip for extra security while doing transactions.
- 1 payback point for every 100 rupees on insurance & utilities.
- Get ₹ 100 off on movie tickets twice a month.
5.YES PROSPERITY EDGE CREDIT CARD
With the YES PROSPERITY EDGE Credit Card, you will always have the edge to experience a world of benefits, complemented by a highly rewarding experience. This card is best for salaried or self-employed people having minimum salary of Rs.60,000 per month or Income Tax Return of Rs. 7.20 Lacs and above.
- Enjoy 15,000 bonus points on achieving an annual spend of Rs.6 lakh or more in an anniversary year.
- Earn 5 reward points on every Rs.100 spent on international purchases.
- Earn 4 reward points on every Rs.100 spent on Grocery Stores & Supermarkets, Department Stores and Dining spends.
- Earn 2 reward points on every Rs.100 on other purchases.
- Earn 500 reward points on each YES PayNow registration.
- Redeem your reward points for Flight/Hotel/Movie ticket booking (1 Reward Point = INR 0.25).
- Redeem your reward points against JPMiles (4 Reward Points = 1 JPMile).
- Fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel stations across India for transaction between Rs. 400 to Rs. 5,000.
6. HDFC REGALIA CREDIT CARD
With this card, enjoy world-class privileges and great saving opportunities. This best part about HDFC cards are its merchants offers. Few years back Regalia was super premium credit card but HDFC approved Regalia for each & every customer. Last year they degraded the benefits of Regalia but it still falls under the premium credit card category.
- 4 Reward Points on every Rs. 150 spent.
- Redeem rewards against exclusive lifestyle options.
- 2% Foreign Currency Mark-up Fee on international transactions.
- Get 15,000 bonus points every year on spends of Rs.8 Lac.
- 12 complimentary domestic lounge access per year.
- 15 lakhs medical insurance for international travel.
- Enjoy complimentary Zomato Gold Membership.
- Complimentary Priority Pass Membership for preferential access to over 1000+ airport lounges around the world.
7.AXIS BANK NEO CREDIT CARD
It is mostly popular among movie buffs and shopaholics. This Axis Bank Credit Card offers excellent shopping, dining and entertainment benefits. This card also gives you an option to convert your purchases into EMIs.
- Joining fee of Rs. 250 waived upon spends of Rs. 2500 in 45 days.
- Annual fee of Rs.250.
- Get amazon gift voucher worth Rs.250 on first spend within 30 days of Card issuance.
- Earn 2 eDGE Loyalty Rewards points on every Rs.200 spent using the card.
- Avail 10% cashback on mobile recharge, online shopping and movie tickets.
- Avail welcome gift voucher worth Rs.200 from Bookmyshow.
- Offers minimum 15% off at our partnered restaurants in India.
- Easily convert transactions of Rs.2,500 and above into EMI.
- Avail Rs.500 worth complimentary vouchers from Jabong.
- Avail 10% discount on every transaction of at least Rs.500 made on Myntra.
- This card is protected through an EMV certified chip.
- Enjoy zero lost card liability.
8. AMERICAN EXPRESS MEMBERSHIP REWARDS CREDIT CARD
American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card (MRCC) is the best way to get into the world of Amex. It is the only credit card that gives rewards on adding money to wallets like Paytm, Amazon Pay and Freecharge.
- Annual fee of Rs.1000 for first year and renewal fee of Rs.4500 for subsequent years.
- Welcome Gift of 4,000 Bonus Membership Rewards® Points.
- 1000 Bonus points for using your Card 4 times every month on transaction of Rs.1000 and above.
- Earn 1 Membership Reward point for every Rs.50 except for spend at Fuel, Insurance, Utilities and Cash Transactions.
- The Annual Membership Renewal fee of Rs.4500 will be 100% waived off if total spends in the immediately preceding membership year is Rs.1,50,000 and above.
- 50% annual membership renewal fee will be waived off if total spends in the immediately preceding membership year is Rs.90,000 to Rs.1,49,999.
- Earn 5,000 Membership Reward Points upon First Year Card Renewal.
9. INDUSIND BANK PLATINUM CREDIT CARD
It is best suited for those who wish to live a luxurious life. It offers the best dining and lifestyle benefits.
- Avail Accor Plus Program membership. This membership will allow cardholders to enjoy up to 15% discount on drinks across Asia and up to 50% discount on dining across Asia Pacific. Apart from that, members can avail discount on hotel bookings, complimentary night stays and Silver Membership Status at Le Club Accor Hotels.
- Earn 1.5 Reward Points on every Rs.150 that you spend using the card.
- Avail discounts from various travel and shopping partners. For Example – Satya Paul, Jet Airways, Woodland, United Colours of Benetton, etc.
- Enjoy complimentary golf lessons and games at golf courses in India.
- Avail discounts on movie tickets when you book using this card on Bookmyshow.
- Enjoy complimentary Priority Pass and get access to airport lounges in India and abroad.
- Enjoy benefits under the Travel Plus Program.
- Avail Travel Insurance cover and enjoy 24*7 concierge services. The card’s Total Protect feature will protect you from fraudulent transactions.
- Avail free air accident cover up to Rs.25 lakh.
- Enjoy 1% fuel surcharge waiver at petrol pumps in India.
- Avail services during emergency through the bank’s 24*7 Auto Assist Facility.
10. RBL PLATINUM MAXIMA CREDIT CARD
RBL Cards are less suggested unless you are already banking with RBL and got a chance to get a card with them. These cards are also good for online shopping.
- 10 Reward Points for every Rs.100 (dining, entertainment, utility bill payments, fuel and international).
- Annual fee of Rs.2000.
- 2 Reward Points for every Rs.100 spent elsewhere.
- Free movie ticket free up to Rs. 200 from BookMyShow.
- 2 complimentary visits every calendar quarter at domestic lounges.